Mariano just announced on the ESUG Mailing list that the following five projects have been voted as candidates for this year’s summer of code:
the final results of voting for 5 projects to get this year GSoC stipendiums:
1. Cross-Platform Namespaces (score: 80)
by Germán Leiva, mentor James Foster
2. Generate UML diagrams from Smalltalk code for Pharo (score: 77)
by Carla Florencia Griggio, mentor Geert Claes
3. Squeakland education project (score: 76)
by Ricardo Moran, mentor Randall Caton
4. Progress Towards a Cross-Dialect Smalltalk FFI (score: 74)
by Dmitry Matveev, mentor Eliot Miranda
5. Visualization of profiling information in Pharo and Squeak (score:73)
by Mariano Coca, mentor Alexandre Bergel
I’m happy to see two of my favorites here: No.1 and No. 4. They’ll both have the potential to remove some of the heavy obstacles in the cross-dialect arena, and once finished will make the life of many Smalltalkers a lot easier.
Let the coding begin!