- going to develop a proxy to SAP’s new Business By Design software
- a Pharo/Seaside based WebUI for a network security appliance. We plan to ship beginning of February
- planning application for Flanders largest cultural centre ‘Vooruit’
- using Paro and Seaside 3.0 to develop a site within a startup. The site is a market place/brokerage.
I’ve seen a very brief (and vague, since this was a secret back then) Demo of the last mentioned appliance at the last Smalltalk meeting in Munich. Cool stuff!
So what does this tell us?
- There’s quite some development work going on in Smalltalk and Seaside, especially in smaller companies or startups.
- Seaside is being used much more often than it seems, since many applications are still on their way into production
- Pharo gets a lot of attention in the Smalltalk community and proves to be stable for people to build real-world applications
I hope more examples are added to the thread over the next few days…
Stay tuned for more Seaside applications seeing the light of day and more Smalltalk in the wild!